With most work today accomplished through teams, team leadership, team development, and team execution have become essential to overall organizational performance. Business author and team management expert Patrick Lencioni declares, “If you could get all the people in the organization rowing in the same direction, you could dominate any industry, in any market, against any competition, at any time.”
We wholeheartedly agree. In our executive coaching and leadership training engagements, we see a powerful interplay between individual and team coaching — that is, getting all the people rowing in the same direction.
Because teams are the essential building blocks of high performance organizations, it makes sense to explore executive coaching through the lens of developing robust teams. The Arden Leadership Academy integrates individual executive coaching with group coaching for teams — as well as groups of managers and executives, such as department heads, newly created managers, and branch managers — to transform your organization at an individual, team, and systemic level.
There are several advantages to coaching in a team setting:
- Leadership skills and engagement levels increase across the entire team, not just for one individual.
- Communication skills improve and team productivity soars (read more in our blog, Communication: The “Secret Sauce” of Great Teams).
- There’s a systemic multiplier effect: effective teams have an important cultural impact for the entire organization that reaches beyond the immediate team.
Individual team members benefit too:
- Executive coaching results in a deeper self-awareness of strengths and areas of opportunity, and a deeper understanding of personal thinking and behavior patterns.
- Communication becomes more effective with other colleagues and clients, as well as team members.
The Leadership Academy includes training modules targeted toward the specific needs of your organization. You customize your coaching and select topics at the beginning of the Academy. Our clients have chosen topics including:
- Utilizing emotional intelligence
- Skills for embracing difficult conversations
- Cultivating innovation
- Building a culture of accountability
Click here for more information about our team coaching process.
We encourage you to explore the benefits of executive coaching within a team environment. Don’t rely on good intentions and a bit of luck for effective team performance. Strategically manage your teams with powerful coaching and professional training.
To learn more about the Arden Leadership Academy and team coaching, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 646.844.2233.