Karen Carmody, PCC
Focus: Team Effectiveness, Emotional Intelligence, Career Management
Karen specializes in working with senior executives and high potential leaders who seek accelerated development for career advancement. She helps clients develop improved self-awareness, enhance their strengths, identify blind spots and uncover derailing behaviors preventing career progression to the next level. She believes trust, empathy, and humor are essential ingredients for every coaching engagement. Karen is able to effectively balance an approachable style with an accountability protocol that has ensured successful executive coaching engagements.
She has 20+ years of corporate business experience including executive coaching, organizational effectiveness, management consulting, operations, strategic planning, and operations. Her diverse industry experience includes bio/pharma, healthcare, financial services, insurance, and professional services. She is an experienced coach, consultant, facilitator, and trainer.
Karen previously held leadership positions at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts, Tufts Health Plan, Sun Life Financial, and Circles. She was a management consultant at Keane Consulting Group where she led consulting engagements for clients across various industries and functions. Karen served on the Board of Directors of the International Coach Federation of New England as the Vice President, Education and Professional Development. She is a Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce Talent Development & Leadership Retention Council Member.
Education and Certifications
- Master of Business Administration (MBA) – Northeastern University
- Professional Certified Coach (PCC) – International Coach Federation
- Certified Professional Coach (CPC) – Institute of Professional Excellence in Coaching
- Certified Emotional Intelligence Coach (CEQ) – Six Seconds
- Certified EQ Assessor (SEIc), EQ Trainer (EQATC), and EQ Practitioner (EQC)
- Certified Somatic Coach (SISC) – Strozzi Institute
- Team Coaching Certificate– Corentus
- Executive Presence Assessment (ExPI)
- Master-Practitioner Energy Leadership Index (MP-ELI)
- Korn Ferry Leadership Architect Voices360
- Immunity-to-Change™ Facilitator for Individuals and Facilitator for Teams
- Bridges Managing Transitions & Change
- Six Sigma Yellow Belt
- The Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team™ Accredited Facilitator
Schedule a Consultation with Karen Carmody
There’s nothing like speaking with a coach in person to know if it’s a good fit! Schedule a consult now to discuss your needs!